5 Star Peach Crumb Bars
Think of it as a peach cobbler hooking up with a crumb cake and sugar cookie. 5-star awesomeness!
- 4 1/2 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and diced (about 8 small peaches, use firm but ripe)
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoons orange zest (optional)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup salted butter, cold and diced into cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Turbinado sugar (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. In a large mixing bowl, toss peaches with orange juice and optional orange zest. Sprinkle sugar mixture over peach mixture and toss to evenly coat, set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut butter into flour mixture with a fork or pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg, sour cream and vanilla extract. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir until well combine. Add in remaining 1 cup granulated sugar and stir until combine. Spread and press half of crumb mixture into an even layer in a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
Toss peach mixture once more and pour over bottom crumb layer and spread peaches into an even layer (spread juices evenly too). Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top of peaches into an even layer. Sprinkle top evenly with optional Turbinado sugar.
Bake in preheated oven 45 to 50 minutes until golden. Serve warm with optional vanilla ice cream or allow to cool and cut into bars (Note: I prefer these bars warm but you could also serve them cold with sweetened whipped cream). Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Bacon Cheese Inside Out Turkey... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Mom's zucchini bread 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Candied carrots - #1 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Shrimp, Scallop & Crab Ceviche... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Pecan Apple Crisp 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Chocolate Almond Muffins 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberries and Champagne... 4.3/5 (39 Votes)