Spicy Squash Casserole
This spicy cheese and ground beef casserole can be used as a side dish or a main course. Any type of squash or ground meat may be used.
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 3 yellow squash - sliced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup crushed buttery round crackers
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute squash until tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, and jalapeno, stirring until beef is evenly browned. Drain off grease. In a large bowl, mix together the squash, eggs, and mayonnaise. Stir in the ground beef mixture and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish, and sprinkle cracker crumbs evenly over the top.
3. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until heated through, and the top is nicely browned.