Jamaican style Black Bean and Coconut Cornbread Bake
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 - 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 - 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, juices included
- 1 1/2 C frozen yellow corn, thawed
- 1/2 t jerk seasoning
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 C cornmeal
- 1 T sugar
- 1 1/4 t baking powder
- 2/3 C light coconut milk
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil 8 in square baking dish with olive oil.
Stir together beans, tomatoes and juices, corn, jerk seasoning, 1/4 t salt and pepper in medium bowl. Spread in prepared baking dish.
Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and 1/4 t salt in separate bowl. Add coconut milk and 2 T oil and stir until just combined-do not overmix. Spread batter over bean mixture with spatula. Bake uncovered 30 min or until topping is lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean.
Let stand 5 min before serving.
You'll also love
- Corn Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Salad Kathy G 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma Mac's Strawberry Pretzel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APPLE PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Acorn Squash with Brown... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrot, Sweet Potato and Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean Salad with Southwest... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Coconut Cheese Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)