Jamaican style Black Bean and Coconut Cornbread Bake
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 - 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 - 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, juices included
- 1 1/2 C frozen yellow corn, thawed
- 1/2 t jerk seasoning
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 C cornmeal
- 1 T sugar
- 1 1/4 t baking powder
- 2/3 C light coconut milk
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil 8 in square baking dish with olive oil.
Stir together beans, tomatoes and juices, corn, jerk seasoning, 1/4 t salt and pepper in medium bowl. Spread in prepared baking dish.
Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and 1/4 t salt in separate bowl. Add coconut milk and 2 T oil and stir until just combined-do not overmix. Spread batter over bean mixture with spatula. Bake uncovered 30 min or until topping is lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean.
Let stand 5 min before serving.
You'll also love
- Bob's Lambasa Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macadamia-Crusted Halibut with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Squares 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wet Coconut Cake (Nancy Creighton) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Cornish Hen 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ham and Green Bean Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Risotto with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Company Corn 0/5 (0 Votes)