APPLE PEAR PIE
- 6 Pears, fresh, peeled, cored and sliced
- 6 apples, granny smith peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, light
Preparation time 80mins
Cooking time 115mins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium saucepan add the pears, apples, butter (minus 2 tablespoons), vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and both sugars (minus 2 tablespoons of the white), boil for 25 minutes.
3. Pour into pie curst then top with the second crust, put in air holes, let bake for 10 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the sugar and cinnamon and butter in a small saucepan, just heat until melted.
5. Spoon onto the half baked pie, then put back into oven and bake for 25 minutes more or until golden brown. Let cool and serve.
6. Tips: serve with vanilla ice cream and serve hot.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Vietnamese Pork Chops 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Grilled Romaine Salad with Tomato... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Avocado Tomato Salad 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Irish Apple Crumble Cake 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Spiced Pear Cider 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Pear-Chicken Monte Cristo... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Black Bottom Pear Pie 4.6/5 (13 Votes)