Hash Brown Potato Quiche
- 3 cups frozen country style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1 cup (4oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green, yellow or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Spread the frozen potatoes on paper towels and press out any remaining moisture. Pat the potatoes over the bottom and up the side of an ungreased 9" pie plate. Drizzle the butter over the potatoes, making sure the edge is totally covered. Bake at 425 deg for 25 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 deg.
Layer the ham, cheese, peppers, onion and jalapeno over the baked crust. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl until blended and pour over the prepared layers. Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.