Scalloped and Au Gratin Potato Casserole
- 2 lbs. of potatoes, about 6 medium
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 Tbs. of olive oil
- 6 Tbs. butter
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of shredded swiss cheese
Lightly smash and peel the garlic; rub all over a 9×13 inch baking dish. Butter the dish and set aside.
Peel the potatoes and slice thin, about 1/8”. Hold the potatoes in a bowl of cool water to keep. Once you are ready to layer the dish, drain the potatoes and then transfer them to a clean dish towel to thoroughly dry.
Heat the remaining butter with the milk until the butter is melted and the milk hot.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion until cooked, but not browned. Layer 1/4 of the onion in the bottom of the baking dish. Add 1/2 of the potatoes on top of the onion. Split the remaining onion in half and set aside. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with half of the onion and half of the swiss cheese. Add the remaining potatoes, season with more salt and pepper, add remaining onions and rest of the swiss cheese.
Pour the hot milk and butter combination evenly over the top of the casserole and bake at 425 degrees, for about 30 minutes or until top is browned, the milk is absorbed and the potatoes are soft.
You'll also love
- Blackened Tilapia Tacos 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Braised Beef Short Ribs 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Red Lobster Biscuits 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Pavlova with Lemon Curd &... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Crown Roast of Pork with Apple,... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- HOT CRAB DIP 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Baked Cherry Tomatoes with Basil... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Cheesey Potato Soup with Bacon &... 5/5 (3 Votes)