Chicken Cashew Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons Ground Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2-1/3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce, Divided
- 3 Tablespoons Canola Oil (or Oil Of Choice)
- 2 pieces Chicken Breast (approx. 3/4 Lb. Total), Diced
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 cups Cashews, Chopped
- 8 leaves Of Greenleaf Or Iceburg Lettuce, Washed And Dried
For stir fry sauce, mix together rice vinegar, brown sugar, ground red pepper, ground ginger, sesame oil, and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, making sure to dissolve brown sugar. Set aside.
Heat canola oil in pan over medium to medium-high heat. Add diced chicken and brown (about 4 to 5 minutes). Remove chicken from oil. Add onions and garlic to pan and remaining soy sauce (1/3 tbsp. or 1 tsp.) to pan; brown. When onions and garlic are brown and tender, add stir fry sauce, browned chicken and cashews. Saute mixture for a few minutes and remove from heat.
Spoon chicken mixture into individual lettuce leaves. Add your favorite hot sauce, more cashews or basil.