- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 cloves)
- 1/2 diced bell pepper
- 1/2 diced medium onion
- 12 corn tortillas
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 105mins
1. In 2 quart sauce pan, add ground beef, salt chili powder, garlic, cumin, paprika and enough water to cover meat.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Simmer over medium low heat, about 1 hour.
4. Add onion and bell pepper and continue cooking 20 or 30 minutes more.
5. Heat oil in skillet.
6. Cook corn tortillas, one at a time, in hot oil until soft, about 5 to 10 seconds each, drain.
7. Strain liquid, then spoon 1 tablespoon of the beef in the center of each tortilla.
8. Roll the tortilla around the beef.
9. Use a toothpick to hold the tortilla in shape.
10. Fry the beef taquitos, approximately 2 to 3 minutes each, or until tortilla holds its shape.