Ricotta Orange Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more to grease the baking pan
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 table spoon granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 tablespoons amaretto Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan with butter. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to blend.
Using a mixer, cream the butter, ricotta and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the machine running, add the eggs 1 at a time. Add the vanilla, orange zest and amaretto until combined. Add the dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, until just incorporated.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. To wrap, return to the pan and dust with confectioners' sugar.
You'll also love
- Five-Spice Pork Wraps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Penne Florentine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Chicken in Dijon-Wine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Apple-Cabbage Slaw 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Peaches In Wine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Mint Cake with Lemon Syrup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whole-Wheat Linguine with Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)