Walnut-Breadcrumb Pasta with a Soft Egg
A soft-cooked egg coats the pasta and adds rich flavor to this rustic dish. The key to success with the eggs is to plunge them quickly into ice water to stop the cooking.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (2-ounce) piece French bread baguette, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked fresh linguine
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
Cooking time 44mins
1. Bring 3 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add eggs to pan; boil 5 1/2 minutes. Drain. Plunge eggs into ice water, and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and peel.
2. Place bread in a food processor, process until finely ground. Add nuts to bread; pulse until finely ground. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add garlic, and sauté for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add breadcrumb mixture, salt, and pepper to pan; sauté for 5 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Add pasta to the breadcrumb mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with parsley and chives; toss to combine. Divide pasta mixture evenly among 4 shallow bowls, and top each serving with 1 egg and 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese. Serve immediately.
Fat:23.2g (sat 5.3g,mono 10.5g,poly 5.4g)