Pork Milanese with Mashed Sweet Potato
Per serving: 469 calories; 18 g fat ( 5 g sat , 10 g mono ); 130 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 33 g protein; 6 g fiber; 527 mg sodium; 1159 mg potassium.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup coarse dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 8 slices (medallions)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Prick sweet potatoes in several places with a fork. Place on a plate and microwave on High until tender all the way through, 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, place flour in a shallow dish and egg in another dish. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a third dish. Press pork medallions down with your hand so they are all about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Coat both sides of the pork first in the flour, shaking off any excess, then dip in egg. Finally, coat on both sides with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to help the crumbs stick.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the pork and cook, turning once, until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 145°F, 4 to 5 minutes per side (see Tip, below). Transfer to a clean plate and let rest while you finish the sweet potatoes.
When the sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut open and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl. Mash with sour cream, sage and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve the pork with the mashed sweet potato and a lemon wedge, if desired.
You'll also love
- Ginger-Roasted Chicken With Bok... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Couscous Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ratatouille-Easiest End-Of Summer 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey & Black Bean Burritos 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker BBQ Burgers with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini oven chips. Better than... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE GLAZED GRILLED PORK... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin - Herb Roasted w/... 4/5 (1 Votes)