Haddock With Warm Frisée & Mushroom Salad
Haddock With Warm Frisée and Mushroom Salad is the perfect, healthy, veggie-packed dish that you can make any night of the week because this recipe only takes 40 minutes to prepare and cook from start to finish. This recipe makes a full meal so there's no need to worry about side dishes, just grab your favorite bottle of crisp white wine to serve with this scrumptious meal.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.75-pound mixed mushrooms, such as button, cremini, and shiitake, stems trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 small head frisée, leaves torn, about 4 cups
- 1/2 head radicchio, leaves torn, about 2 cups
- 4 (6-ounce) pieces skinless haddock, cod, halibut, or striped bass fillet
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from realsimple.com
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until golden and tender, 10 to 12 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
Remove the skillet from heat. Add the vinegar and scrape up any browned bits. Whisk in the mustard, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper; gradually whisk in 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil. Add the frisée, radicchio, and mushrooms and toss to coat.
Meanwhile, season the fish with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the fish until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with the salad.
You'll also love
- Baked Parmesan Tilapia 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Vegetarian: Baked Portobello... 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Linda’s Noodle Kugel 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paté de Aceituna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Wine & Melon Sangria 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Onion Salisbury Steak 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes with 4 Cheeses 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Croquettes 0/5 (0 Votes)