tomato leek pie
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 43 minutes
- Other: 35 minutes
- Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 medium-size red tomatoes
- 2 medium-size yellow tomatoes
- 1 green tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium leek
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Garnish: fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 1 . Preheat oven to 450°. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- 2 . Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and let cool 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
- 3 . Cut tomatoes into 1/4-inch slices. Place tomatoes on a paper towel-lined wire rack. Sprinkle tomatoes with kosher salt. Let stand 20 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- 4 . Remove and discard root end and dark green top of leek. Cut in half lengthwise, and rinse thoroughly under cold running water to remove grit and sand. Thinly slice leek.
- 5 . Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add leek, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- 6 . Layer leek on bottom of prepared crust. Top with tomato slices, and sprinkle with pepper. Stir together cheese, mayonnaise, and egg in a medium bowl until blended. Spread cheese mixture over top of tomatoes.
- 7 . Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 10 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
- Kelly Rudat, St. Louis, Missouri, Southern Living, JULY 2009
You'll also love
- Bob's Lambasa Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macadamia-Crusted Halibut with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Squares 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Cornish Hen 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ham and Green Bean Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- leftover tomato soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Medallions of Maine Lobster with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leek and Goat Cheese Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)