Baked Brie with Roasted Garlic
Baked Brie with Roasted Garlic is your new favorite appetizer recipe! So garlicky and delicious, you'll have a hard time sharing.
“The garlic is mellow and sweet in this recipe,” says Lara Pennell of Mauldin, South Carolina. “I never fail to get compliments when I serve this as a first course—even brie-haters are converted!”
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) French bread baguette, sliced and toasted
- Red and green grapes
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off bulb. Brush with 1-1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with rosemary. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425°F for 30-35 minutes or until softened.
Meanwhile, cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out enough of the bottom of the bread so cheese will fit. Cube removed bread; set aside. Place cheese in bread.
Cool garlic for 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°F. Squeeze softened garlic into a bowl and mash with a fork; spread over cheese. Replace bread top; brush outside of bread with remaining oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with toasted baguette, grapes, and reserved bread cubes.
Originally published as Baked Brie with Roasted Garlic in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p46
You'll also love
- Watermelon Berry Salad with... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Peaches and Cream 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Fresh Corn & Zucchini Cakes 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Tomato, Stone Fruit & Fresh... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Basic Fondue 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Seafood Stuffed Onion 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic-Basil Chicken with... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Gouda, Pancetta, & Onion Fondue... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)