Flageolet Bean Salad
- 1/2 lb dry Flageolet Beans
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup peas, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Large basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1/2 teaspoon real salt
Adapted from wrfarmersmarket.org
Cook beans for about 45- 50 minutes, flageolet beans do not need to be pre-soaked. Meanwhile, chop olives, carrots, parsley, basil, garlic and put in bowl. Make the dressing add salt and pepper and when the beans are done, don’t overcook so they are mushy, cool beans in ice cold water to stop cooking and add to bowl. Drizzle dressing over bean salad. Let sit 10-15 minutes and serve.
You can purchase beans, tomatoes, peas, carrots, parsley, and basil, at the markets.