Honeydew-Basil Soup with Cucumbers
- 1/2 honeydew melon--peeled, seeded and roughly chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 English cucumber, seeded--3/4 of the cucumber roughly chopped, 1/4 finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 5 to 6 limes)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 ice cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimentón)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
Adapted from google.com
1. Make the soup: To a blender, add the melon, roughly chopped cucumber, basil, avocado, lime juice, ½ teaspoon of the salt and the ice cubes and purée until completely smooth. Strain the purée through a fine-mesh sieve set over a medium bowl.
2. In a small bowl, add the finely chopped cucumber, the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, the smoked paprika and olive oil and stir to combine. Divide the soup among 4 bowls and serve.