Warm Artichoke and Green Onion Dip
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) water-packed artichoke hearts, well drained, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated high-quality parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, green part only
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme, or 3/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper, plus more as needed
Adapted from thechicline.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, 1 cup of the cheese, 1/3 cup of the green onions, garlic, thyme, 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a large bowl. adjust the seasonings with more salt and pepper if necessary.
Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch square glass baking dish. sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. cover and bake until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes. increase the heat to broil and cook until the top is bubbly and golden brown, 2-3 minutes more. garnish with 2 tbsp. green onions just before serving.
Werve warm with wheat crackers, bagel chips, or lightly toasted french bread.