Roasted Tomato and Asparagus Tortellini
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 C chopped spinach
- 1 T lemon juice (fresh, please)
- 1 C Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cut about 1 inch of the bottoms off each lovely stalk of asparagus. The bottoms are really tough and woody tasting. Chop the rest of the asparagus into 2 inch pieces. (Don’t get out the ruler, now…these measurements are approximate)
2. Spread the asparagus pieces and the grape tomatoes out evenly over a large cookie sheet. Be sure to use a pan that has a nice rim on it. You don’t want those lovely juices to run off and on to the bottom of your oven.
3. Peel and roughly chop 5-6 cloves of garlic. Do not be mistaken. You don’t want to peel and chop 5 or 6 whole garlic bulbs, now. Just 5-6 of the little cloves that come in a bulb.
4. Add the fresh garlic to the tomatoes and asparagus and drizzle olive oil over the top of them. You just need about 2-3 tablespoons.
5. Grind a bit of salt and pepper over the top as well.
Then, using two large spoons, toss the ingredients together. Make sure all of the veggies have a bit of oil on them. Toss your pan in the oven to roast at 400 degrees, for about 20 minutes, or until the asparagus is fork tender.
6. When the veggies are about half way done, put a large pot of hot water on your stove and bring it to a boil. Salt it generously and then add your tortellini. Cook until done, but not over done. :) Tortellini actually cooks pretty fast. You will most likely only want to boil it for about 5 minutes.
7. Pour the tortellini and boiling water into a colander that has been placed in your sink. Run a bit of warm water over the top. You want the tortellini to stay quite warm. Don’t run cold water over it.
8. Pour the tortellini into a large mixing bowl and add 1 cup of chopped spinach to it.
9. Take your roasted vegetables out of the oven. See how lovely they look! The tomatoes should have cracks all along them, and the garlic should be golden in color.
10. Carefully pour the roasted veggies into your mixing bowl, making sure to scrape any of the wonderful juices off the roasting pan and into the bowl.
11. Crack a little more salt and pepper over the top.
Squeeze 1 tablespoon of lemon juice over the bowl…
and add 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Toss it all together, serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (688 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (677 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (452 Votes)