Sweet Basil Cheesecake
Make 1 - 2 days in advance
- Need a 4-1/2"diameter springfoam pan about 2-1/2"tall
- parchment paper & heavy-duty foil & 8x8 baking pan
- Butter for greasing the pan
- 1/2 C.(4oz.) ricotta cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 C.(4oz.) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 C.(3oz.) goat cheese at room temperature
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- Pinch of fine sea salt (or reg.)
- 1/2 packed C. chopped fresh basil
- 2 T. evoo
- Serve w/ assorted crackers
Place oven rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the bottom & sides of springform pan. Line bottom of pan w/parchment paper. Wrap outside of pan w/a piece of heavy-duty foil.
Place ricotta cheese,cream cheese, and goat cheese in food processor. Pulse until mixed. Add sugar,egg,egg yolk and salt & blend till smooth. Add basil & pulse till incorporated. Pour cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Place the pan in an 8x8 square baking dish. Pour enough hot water in the baking dish to come halfway up the sides of springform pan. Bake till the cheesecake is golden at the edges and center moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken,(cheeesecake will become firm when chilled), about 45-50min. Turn off oven & allow the cheesecake to cool in oven for 1 hour. Remove springform pan from baking dish & remove foil. Cover the pan w/plastic wrap & refridgerate cheesecake for at least 3 hours and up to 2 days. Remove cheesecake from springform pan. Allow cheesecake to come to room temperature before serving, about 30 mins.
Using a pastry brush,brush top of cheesecake w/ evoo and serve w/ assorted crackers.