Mexican Beef Casserole
by Chef Ron Lock
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can kernel corn drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato, diced (optional)
- 1 package taco seasonings mix
- 8 to 12 corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/3 cup Mexican blend or taco cheese, shredded
- Sliced jalapeno peppers
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Brown ground beef and onions together for about 10 to 12 minutes, drain.
Add corn, beans, tomatoes and taco seasonings mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
Spray baking dish 2 quart 8x12 inches.
Place half of tortillas in bottom.
Spoon half of beef mixture on top, place sour cream over beef. Then layer last tortillas and then beef mixture.
Place in heated 350 degree F. oven and bake for 25 minutes remove from oven and and sprinkle with cheese and add sliced jalapeno peppers on top.
Cook for another 5 minutes or till cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.