Ginger Pumpkin Bread with Maple Brown Butter Icing
This Ginger Pumpkin Bread with Maple Brown Butter Icing is a warm and welcoming treat for the holidays. Enjoy!
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree (1 3/4 cups)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Pinch of kosher salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 150mins
Adapted from simplyscratch.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a 8x5-inch loaf pan; lightly butter or spray with baking spray and then dust wit flour (tap out any excess flour and discard), set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt.
In a large bowl, whisk together sugars, pumpkin, melted butter, and eggs. Next add in the flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a cake tester is inserted into the center and comes out with only a smidgen coating it, which is about 60 to 70 minutes.
Let cool 10 minutes; invert pan and transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool completely.
Heat a small skillet over medium/medium-high heat.
Once the pan is hot, add in the two tablespoons of unsalted butter. The butter should instantly start to melt and turn golden.
Once melted and a deep golden, turn off the heat and add in the maple syrup and vanilla, whisking constantly (it should bubble up).
Once the bubbles have subsided a bit, whisk in the powdered sugar. Keep whisking while adding the tablespoon of heavy creamy and a pinch of kosher salt.
Drizzle warm icing over cooled cake. Slice and serve!
You'll also love
- Basic White Bread 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Drunken Cherry-Chocolate Pie 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Grilled Bacon-Cheeseburgers 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Creamy Gluten-Free (kind of)... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower with... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Zucchini brownies 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Pumpkin Poppers 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Spiced Pumpkin Soup 4.3/5 (35 Votes)