Hearty Beef Chili
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce OR ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Spice Islands® Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Garlic Salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalepeno pepper, optional
Adapted from mazola.com
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat; add onions and bell pepper. Cook until onions and peppers are soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add ground beef; continue cooking until beef is browned. Drain any excess fat.
Add remaining ingredients. Simmer over medium heat 10 minutes; serve hot.