Halloween Brownie Pie
You'll want to eat this Jack-o-lantern brownie pie! Have fun making a scary (or funny) face on the frosted brownie pie with gummy candies or fruit roll-ups.
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup, dark OR light
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Argo® Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1/3 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dash salt
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Orange food coloring
- Candies for decorating: candy corn, orange slices, chocolate coated candy pieces, etc.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from mazola.com
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Combine butter, oil and chocolate in a large saucepan over low heat. Heat just until chocolate and butter are melted. Remove from heat and beat in sugar, corn syrup, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
Pour brownie batter into greased 12-inch pizza pan. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes until center is just set. Cool on wire rack at least 30 minutes before frosting.
Beat butter, corn syrup, vanilla and salt in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and gradually add milk until frosting is desired spreading consistency. Beat in orange coloring until desired shade of orange.
Frost brownies. Make a jack-o-lantern face using candies.