Chocolate-Nut Caramel Tart
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 jar (13 ounces) Nutella
- 20 caramels
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-3/4 cups chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Whipped cream, optional
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Press onto bottom and up sides of pan; trim pastry even with edge (discard or save trimmed pastry for another use). Generously prick bottom of crust with a fork. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
2. Reserve 2 Tbsp. Nutella for topping; spread remaining Nutella into cooled crust. In a small saucepan, combine caramels and cream; cook over medium-low heat until blended, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in macadamia nuts. Spread evenly over Nutella.
3. In a microwave, heat reserved Nutella until warmed; drizzle over filling. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
TO TOAST NUTS Spread in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Or, spread in a dry nonstick skillet and heat over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice (calculated without whipped cream) equals 460 calories, 32 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.