Blackened Tilapia Tacos
You can't go wrong with Blackened Tilapia Tacos.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets, 6 ounces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 corn tortillas, 6 inch
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 lime wedges
Combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
Combine jalapeño sauce and onion in a small bowl.
Combine paprika and next 6 ingredients (through ground red pepper); sprinkle evenly over fish. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish, onion mixture, and avocado evenly among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges.