Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 cup Mahatma® Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 tsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/2 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp hot sesame oil
- 8 lettuce leaves
- lime wedges
- fresh mint leaves, chopped
Prepare rice per package directions.
Heat oil in a medium non-stick wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and sauté 30 seconds. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, stirring to break-up any clumps. Add cooked rice, stir in soy sauce, waterchestnuts, cilantro and sesame oil. Place about ½ cup mixture into each lettuce leave. Garnish with a lime wedge and chopped mint.