Baked Fish with Almonds Lemon and Bread Crumbs
- Four6-ounceFour 6-ounce fish fillets, such as cod, black cod, or wild salmon
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet and the fish
- 11 lemon (preferably organic), zest finely grated and remaining lemon halved crosswise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2slices2 slices bread (gluten-free, if desired)
- 1/2cup1/2 cup whole almonds, preferably raw
- 44 scallions, finely chopped
Adapted from leitesculinaria.com
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet or large roasting pan with olive oil.
2. Place the fish on the baking sheet with the slightly curved side of the fillet facing up. Brush with olive oil and squeeze the juice from the lemon halves over the fish. Season with salt and pepper, then spread the mustard lightly over the fillets.
3. Tear the bread into 1-inch pieces. Place in a food processor and grind to fine crumbs. You should have 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Transfer to a small bowl. Grind the almonds coarsely in the processor and add to the bowl with the crumbs. Mix in the scallions, lemon zest (you should have about 4 loosely packed teaspoons), and 1 tablespoon oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Just before baking, divide the bread crumb mixture among the fillets, pressing the mixture onto the top of each fillet. Bake until the fish is just springy to the touch and the bread crumbs begin to brown, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness (or less if your fish is thinner). Transfer the baked fish to plates and serve right away.
You'll also love
- Oatmeal Cookie Pear Bars 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Cooked Onion Dip 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Banana French toast 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Kid's Favourite Tuna Noodle... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Hatch Chile Crab Cakes 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- ORANGE NUT BUTTER CAKE 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Orange Salmon with Rice 4.6/5 (9 Votes)