Spicy beef stir fry with broccoli and orange sauce (Japanese beef stir fry in orange ponzu)
- 1 pound sirloin steak, trimmed and cut in thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 1/2 cups medium broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- salt to taste
Adapted from pinterest.com
Preheat a large skillet or wok over high heat.
Season the beef strips with salt. Add the oil to the pan followed by the beef and cook until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add the broccoli and carrots to the pan and cook until they begin to become tender, about 7 minutes more.
Add the ginger, orange zest, juice, soy sauce, and red pepper then cook for 3 minutes more.
Add the beef back to the pan and heat through
Sprinkle with the sliced scallions, then serve.
You'll also love
- Fried Chicken with Cornmeal Crust 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Summer Tomato, Onion & Cucumber... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Spice Cobbler 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Apple Pie French Toast 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Corn, Tomato, Bacon, Avocado Salad 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Tacos 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Grapefruit Honey Yogurt Scones 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Coconut Lime Chicken 4.6/5 (10 Votes)