Sesame Orange Beef
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, halved crosswise
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup bias-sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 12 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned or thinly sliced crosswise
1. In a covered medium saucepan, cook green beans in a small amount of boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook sesame seeds over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Set aside.
3. For sauce: In a small bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, and orange peel; set aside.
4. Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic to hot skillet; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the precooked green beans; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet.
5. Carefully add oil to the hot skillet. Add beef; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from skillet.
6. Stir sauce; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Return meat and vegetables to skillet. Heat through, stirring to coat all ingredients with sauce. Serve over hot cooked brown rice. Top with orange sections and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Makes 4 (3/4 cup beef mixture and 1/2 cup cooked rice) servings.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Corn Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Taco Pasta Shells 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sour Cream Banana Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Southwest Skillet with Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SAUSAGE / EGG CASSEROLE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon and Oregano Lamb Loin Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Rice Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipped Beef on Toast 0/5 (0 Votes)