- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 6 oz Italian sausage, skinned
- 1 cup red wine
- 18 oz can crushed tomatoes, chopped (ground)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped (1/4 tsp dry)
- 1 tsp fresh sage, chopped (1/4 tsp dry)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 lbs Tortelloni
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. Heat oil in a large pan. Add celery, carrot, onion, garlic and
cook about 5 minutes. Add meat and cook 10 minutes over medium
heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Deglaze pan with wine; let reduce. Add tomatoes and remaining
ingredients and stir. Simmer for about 1 hour.
3. Toss hot, drained pasta in sauce. Top with parmesan cheese.