Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Satisfy your chocolate craving with these cupcakes. The creamy frosting topped with chopped peanut butter cups is the best part.
- ~For the FROSTING:
- ~For the Cupcakes
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup Jif ® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Jif ® Creamy Peanut Butter
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
* In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, peanut butter, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth.
* Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Place a peanut butter cup in the center of each cupcake. Cover each with 1 tablespoonful batter.
* Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
* Place chocolate in a small bowl.
* In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in peanut butter.
* Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until mixture reaches a spreading consistency, about 10 minutes.
* Spread over cupcakes; immediately sprinkle with additional peanut butter cups.
* Let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Editor's Note: Reduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.