Turkey Chili with White Beans
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 lg yellow onions, chopped
- 3 lbs ground dark turkey meat
- 4 - 6 Tbsp chili powder, to taste
- 2-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2-1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 28oz cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 28oz cans tomato sauce
- 6 cups beef broth
- 6 15oz cans small white beans or cannellini beans (or a combination), rinsed & drained
- salt to taste
- chopped red onion
- chopped fresh cilantro
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- sour cream
In large skillet over med-high heat, heat olive oil and cook onions, stirring, until tender. Add turkey and cook, stirring, until no longer pink, about 10 min.
Transfer to a slow cooker and stir in chili powder, oregano, cumin, bay leaves, cocoa powder, cinnamon, tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce and broth. Break up tomatoes with spoon or spatula.
Cover and cook on low 6 to 9 hours, stirring occasionally, if possible.
During last hour, add beans and salt. Serve chili in bowls with toppings.
You'll also love
- Mandarin Orange Squares 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef and Shiner Bock Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wet Coconut Cake (Nancy Creighton) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Cornish Hen 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Risotto with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon with Sugar Snap Peas and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Loaf - Mock Turkey Roast... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey And Apricot Meatloaf 0/5 (0 Votes)