- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup diced turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from mom2mycrazy2.blogspot.com
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes. Whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni. Let mixture stand for 10 minutes. Dice up turkey pepperoni.
Stir the batter then divide it among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through and serve with the puffs for dipping.
Recipe adapted from The Cottage Sisters by Alexis AKA MOM.