Chicken and White Bean Soup with Greens
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced leeks, white part only
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (1/4 inch thick) sliced carrots
- 6 cups reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups skinless, boneless, shredded, rotisserie chicken
- 1 (2 inch) fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 (19 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup packed roughly chopped fresh kale
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time 7mins
Cooking time 25mins
Heat oil in a stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes or until tender but not browned. Add carrots, and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add broth, chicken, and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, skimming occasionally.
Add beans and kale, and simmer for about 5 minutes more. Add spinach, and cook 2-3 minutes more or until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove rosemary sprig and garlic clove. Ladle soup into 6 warm bowls; sprinkle each with 1/2 t parsley.