Turkey Southwest Skillet with Cornbread Topping
- 1 pound lean Ground Turkey
- 1 packet Low Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Corn Kernels, drained
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 can (8 oz.) Tomatoe Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese, divided use
- 1 packet Cornbread Mix (plus ingredients listed on packet)
1. Heat oven to 425. Prepare cornbread mix according to package, set aside.
2. Brown turkey in large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add seasoning and cook 3 more minutes. Add beans, corn, tomatoes and tomato sauce; stir and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup cheese; remove from heat.
3. Pour cornbread mixture over top; sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese. Bake 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm in the center when touched. Serve with a spoon.