Korean Beef Wraps
- 2 cups sushi rice, such as Nishiki
- 1 rib-eye steak (1 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chile flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 18 to 24 small red-tipped lettuce leaves
- 2 green onions, sliced into thin 4-in. strips
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Preheat a grill for medium heat (350° to 450°). Cook rice according to package directions.
2. Grill steak, turning once, until done the way you like, 8 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from grill, tent loosely with foil, and let rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce, chile flakes, pepper, garlic, and oil.
4. Spoon about 1/4 cup rice onto middle of each lettuce leaf. Top with a little steak, a scant tsp. sauce, and onion strips.
Amount per serving
Calories from fat: 51%
Saturated fat: 4.2g