Steak and Tomato Sauté
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 pound(s) top sirloin beef steak, trimmed and thinly sliced into 2-inch-long pieces
- 1 medium (6- to 8-ounce) onion, thinly sliced
- 1 container(s) (10-ounce) sliced mushrooms
- 1 pint(s) grape tomatoes
- 2/3 cup(s) dry red wine
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
- 6 cup(s) (about 4 ounces) arugula
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from goodhousekeeping.com
1. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium-high until hot, but not smoking. Sprinkle beef with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add beef to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
2. With slotted spoon, transfer beef to medium plate. To same skillet, add onion and 1/3 cup water. Cook 2 minutes, scraping up browned bits. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onion softens.
3. To skillet, add red wine and garlic. Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tomatoes begin to burst, stirring occasionally. Return beef to skillet along with any accumulated juices. Cook 1 minute or until beef is heated through (145 degrees F).
4. To serve, divide arugula among serving plates. Top with beef mixture.