Mexicana Casserole *(GOOD)*
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (about 2 ounces) taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 package (about 20 ounces) corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese
Saute ground beef, onions and garlic in 10-inch skillet until beef loses redness; drain fat. Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce and water and green chiles; simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
In 2 quart casserole, arrange alternate layers of tortillas, meat sauce and cheese until all used up.
Bake at 350 degrees 30 to 40 minutes.