Zucchini Quinoa Patties
Servings 6, Calories 290, Fat 12.2g, Carbohydrates 30.8g, Protein 15.5g, Cholesterol 41mg, Sodium 478mg, Fiber 2.7g, Sugars 3.2g, WW Pts 8
- FOR THE YOGURT SAUCE:
- 2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice (feel free to omit and just use 2 cups of quinoa)
- 1 egg or 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons warm water
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of green onions
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs (or more breadcrumbs, gluten free if desired)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated is best but use what you have) or vegan parmesan
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp oil plus more for frying
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (dairy, soy or coconut)
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp of freshly chopped oregano
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
Adapted from cookingquinoa.net
1.If using flax egg, combine ground flax seeds with warm water and set aside.
2.If using gluten free breadcrumbs, preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place gluten free bread in a food processor and pulse until chopped fine. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 5 minutes. Turn oven off and let sit for 20 to 40 minutes, until crisp.
3.Combine and thoroughly mix all the yogurt sauce ingredients together and let sit in the fridge until the patties are ready to be served
4. Sprinkle ¼ tsp of salt on the shredded zucchini, put in a colander and let sit to draw out any liquid.
5. Heat oil in a medium skillet and add garlic and green onions, ¼ tsp salt and pepper and cook until veggies are slightly soft. Remove from heat, drain off excess oil and allow to cool.
6. In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, panko, parmesan cheese and lemon zest. The mix in lemon juice, quinoa, rice, and cooked green onions and garlic. Add in egg and shredded zucchini. Mix everything together thoroughly and start forming balls (a little smaller than a golf ball) and then carefully flatten into a thick patty.
7. Preheat oven to 400 F
8. Heat oil (just enough to evenly cover the surface entirely) on medium-high heat in a large skillet. Carefully place patties into the pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until it starts to lightly brown and get a little crispy. Remove from pan and place to a paper towel covered plate. Dab off any excess oil with more paper towel.
9. Move patties onto a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 15 minutes, turning over at about the halfway point.
10. Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly and serve with the chilled yogurt sauce on top.
You'll also love
- Shortbread Apple Crisp Topping 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Meathead's Memphis Dust 3.7/5 (96 Votes)
- Apple Fritter Cake 3.8/5 (71 Votes)
- Cherry Tomatoes - Frozen then... 3.8/5 (140 Votes)
- Rockfish and Spinach Bake 3.8/5 (147 Votes)
- Einkorn Pumpkin Bread 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- Zucchini-Pineapple Quick Bread... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)