Cinnamon Apple Scones
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled margarine, cut into small pcs
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 lg egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup dark raisins (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 425 deg. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix well. Using a pastry belnder or 2 knives, cut margarine into flour mixture until coarse crumbs form.
In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, yogurt, and egg. Mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir until just combined. Stir in apple and raisins.
On a flour surface, pat dough to a 1/2" thickness. Using a 2" round biscuit cutter, cut into 9 rounds. Place scones, 2" apart, on prepared baking sheet. Bake until goldent, about 15 min. Place baking sheet on a wire rack; cool slightly.