Really great combo of your favorite picnic sides--serves a bunch!
- 1 7 oz. pkg ring macaroni or ditalini
- 1 14 oz. pkg coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 oz.) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 / t pepper
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 85mins
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the slaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.