Beef Pot Pie
- 2 -3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups carrots, coins (Grimway pre-sliced carrot coins in produce aisle)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (I use refrigerated jar)
- 1 (1 lb) package boneless beef chuck (1 package of tips or cut beef into bite size pieces Note -- chuck has best flavor for this recipe bu)
- 1 pillsbury ready-made pie crust (2 pie shells per package)
- olive oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbell's beef gravy
- Pam cooking spray
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from food.com
Boil celery, onion & carrots in water with 2 cubes boullion in medium pot until tender.
Meanwhile, brown meat in olive oil/butter with 1 tablespoon refrigerated minced garlic in large stock pot.
Drain meat when done & return to pot. Add 1 can Campbell's beef gravy. Then drain vegetables & add to meat & gravy. Simmer on low.
Spray deep pie dish (I use quiche' dish) with Pam.
Roll out pie crust & press into dish & up sides. Add beef/vegetable mixture.
Cover with top crust & press together both crusts then flute edges. Pierce top crust with fork to vent steam.
Bake 450 degrees x 35-45 minute until crust golden brown. After 20 minute cover edges with foil as to not burn.