Pecan Pie Cake
- 1 box yellow cake or butter cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter (or margarine, I don’t judge)
- 1+ 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 +1/2 cups chopped pecans
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from southernplate.com
Mix cake mix, 1 egg, and melted butter until well blended. Reserve 2/3 cup of this batter.
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Spread remaining batter into this pan and bake at 325 for 15 minutes, or until just lightly browned.
In a mixing bowl, stir together reserved 2/3 cup batter, syrup, 3 eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and pecans.
Pour filling on top of crust and cook at 325 for 50-60 minutes, until set in the center.
Allow to cool completely before serving.