Cheddar & Chives Butter
The Cookism Butter Churn continues with its line of flavored butters by rolling out the country Cheddar & Chives Butter. The combination of sharp, earthy cheddar coalesced with the herbal perfume of finely-chopped chives gives this compound butter a rustic farmhouse punch, ideal for grilled meats and savory toasts that need that extra lift of intensity. Betty Botter will have no complaints with this one.
- 115 g of Unsalted Butter
- 60 g of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- A few drops of Worcestershire Sauce (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp of Chives (chopped)
- A pinch of Salt (to taste)
Adapted from cookism.tumblr.com
1. Combine butter, cheese and worcestershire sauce in a mixing bowl. Using a fork, smash and stir butter and cheese till nicely incorporated.
2. Stir in chives and salt to taste.
3. Place butter mixture onto a sheet of baking paper, plastic wrap or foil.
4. Wrap it up like a sweet, by twisting both ends. Place it in the fridge and chill till butter harden or when needed. Have fun!