brownie - Flourless Zucchini Brownies
- 1 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 1/2 cup zucchini (peeled and finely grated)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/3 cup applesauce (or 1 flax egg (1 tbs ground flax seeds + 3 tbs water))
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Adapted from thehealthyfamilyandhome.com
Peel and grate the zucchini.
Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined. (If using a flax egg, prepare it separately with 1 tablespoons of ground flax + 3 tablespoons of water).
Pour into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.