grilled shrimp salad
- 24 large shrimp,peeled and devined( about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon or lime juice.
- 1 tsp. lemon or lime zest
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 tbsp olive oil,divided
- 2 hearts of romaine lettus,halved length wise
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. Thread 6 shrimp onto each of four 10-inch skewers.* For the marinade,in a medium size bowl combine lemon juice,lemon zest,cumin,and 2 tbsp of the oil.Season with salt and pepper to taste. Brush marinade over shrimp;coating well. Drizzle remaining oil over romaine.
2 Coat grill rack with non-stick spray.Preheat grill to medium -high ( 350F - 400F). Place shrimp and romaine on grill. Grill skewers 2 to 3 minutes per side or until shrimp turn pink.Grill romaine,cut side down,2-4 minutes, or until slightly charred and wilted.
3 remove shrimp from skewers.Place shrimp on a platter with romaine hearts. sprinkle evenly with cheese and serve