Asian Salmon Chowder
- 2 medium shallots sliced
- 2 Tbl coconut oil
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 1 quart of So Delicious unsweetened coconut beverage
- 3 Tbl red curry paste
- 1 Tbl chili paste with garlic (optional)
- 1 Tbl brown sugar
- 1 Tbl fish sauce
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into 1 inch pcs
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 8-10 oz skinless salmon fillets cubed
- chopped cilantro, scallions and thai chili’s for garnish
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook shallots until soft, about 4 minutes. Add curry paste and chili paste if using and saute for an additional minute. Pour in coconut milk and coconut beverage. Add brown sugar (or alternative) and fish sauce and bring to a simmer. Add sweet potatoes and cook for 8 minutes until just starting to soften. Add edamame and cook for another five minutes. Finally add salmon and simmer for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Serve garnished with cilantro, scallions and thai chili’s. This is delicious alone or served with sticky rice, rice noodles, or Naan bread.
You can adjust the heat per your preferences and garnish with more sliced chili’s if you really want to feel the burn! You can also substitute thai or regular basil for the cilantro as a garnish if you absolutely must.