Chilled Watermelon Salad
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 cups chopped, seeded watermelon
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces whipped topping
Adapted from grandmaskitchen.com
1.Combine gelatin and boiling water in a medium heatproof bowl. Stir until gelatin is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add cold water and mix well. Chill until partially set, about 55 minutes.
2.Add watermelon, undrained pineapple and 1 cup pecans to gelatin mixture and mix well. Spoon into a salad bowl. Chill until set, about 1 hour.
3.Place cream cheese in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at high speed until light and fluffy.
4.Add milk and sugar to cream cheese and beat until the mixture is smooth.
5.Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture. Spread evenly over gelatin mixture. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Chill until serving time.