Vanilla-Bean Spritz Wreaths
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 vanilla beans, halved lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
- 1 cup plus 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
2. Beat vanilla seeds and 1 cup sugar with a mixer on medium speed until incorporated, about 3 minutes (sugar will clump together slightly). Add butter, and beat until pale and fluffy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture, and beat just until smooth.
3. Divide dough into 3 portions. Pack 1 portion into a cookie press fitted with wreath disk (cover remaining portions with an inverted bowl or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days; bring to room temperature before using), and press shapes about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake until edges are just golden, 9 to 12 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon with remaining 4 teaspoons sugar. Sprinkle over hot cookies. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Repeat. Cookies can be stored in a single layer in airtight containers up to 4 days.