Crock Pot Sweet Garlic Chicken
This garlic chicken is a great way to change up your weekly chicken dinner. Serve over pasta or rice.
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda (diet or regular)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 480mins
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker. Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker (mine basically fell apart) and pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (494 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)